A wallet is not something that you buy on a daily basis. As a matter of fact, the attachment some people have for their wallet can make them stretch the life out of it by using it for as long as they can. You probably reckonthat as long as it keeps your cash and cards safe, it is fine and there is no need for a replacement. Fair enough, but a time will come when you will eventually have to buy a new wallet. When you need one, look to get one of the compact wallets that are becoming quite popular nowadays. Below are some of the factors to consider when buying a compact and lightweight wallet:
- Wallet size: You must first decide on the size of your new wallet. Your past experience will influence this decision to a large extent. If you prefer having just a few items on you at all times, then compact wallets will suffice. On the other hand, you might consider buying a no-fold wallet. This comes in handy when you want to carry a checkbook or do not like folding things at all.
- Preference: In every purchase you make, personal preferences override all other considerations. If you are comfortable putting your wallet in the back pocket, the tri-fold or bi-fold compact wallets for men are a good choice. If, on the other hand, you like carrying wallets inside your jacket pockets, it is advisable to buy a long, flat and light wallet.
- Accessibility of items: If you prefer accessing your cards or cash quickly whenever you are paying for something,, go for a wallet with a money clip. It keeps your dollar bills together and makes it relatively easy for you to remove cash when you want to.
- Safety: You never know when you might be a victim in an attempted case of pick pocketing, if not one already. There is an increased possibility of this happening if your present wallet keeps falling out of your pockets. Solve this problem once and for all by buying a wallet that grips on to your clothing when inside the pocket. This grip fastens the wallet to your jacket or pants. Any attempt by a mugger to snatch it will always be thwarted by the grip. You can walk with a confidence borne of the reassurance that the wallet cannot leave the pocket without you noticing it.
- Type of material: The obsession men have with leather wallets can only be equated to that of women and their jewelry. However, leather wallets are never known to be lightweight, compact and stick to clothing for better safety. You can find wallets made from other materials that score over leather wallets on this count.